Get Out Your Tissues, Another One Bits The Dust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Get Out Your Tissues, Another One Bits The Dust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Ebay # 321891722021 Restored 26-27 chassis for sale, He even admits in the ad that he only bought it for the body! In Pennsylvania.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Too bad it wasn't closer.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 04:18 am:

The bodies are the easiest part of a T to make. The rest is hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 05:46 am:

At Hershey a restored 27 2dr was being parted out. I don't understand how that could be more profitable than selling it whole. Seems like a lot of work, especially if it dosen't all sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 07:59 am:

"Restored" of just repainted? I've seen some so-called restored cars that weren't worth the sum of the parts. Have you priced new or used parts lately?

Or perhaps the owner couldn't get a title or getting it wasn't worth the hassle. In Texas, it's illegal to sell a car without a title but it happens. And whether you get a title is solely dependent on the clerk you're standing in front of at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:12 am:

26-7 parts sell easily. Electricians pull wire to earn a living, masons sling mortar to do the same. To a dismantler, its their job and I'm sure if it wasn't profitable, they would find something else to make money at. Sure beats hoarders who let useable items rust completely away

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 03:11 am:

They sell whole cars as parts because many people don't want to pay much money for an old car... i could sell my car piece by piece for twice what people would pay for it road legal, But i spent too long putting it together to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 09:33 am:

On e-bay this morning, of the 51 cars for sale in the Model T category, only 13 are Model Ts. All the rest are an assortment of V8 engines, fiberglass bodies, Mopar rear ends, etc. So goes the hobby ! Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:20 am:

What years were the fiberglass V-8 Model T's made ?

Can fiberglass be brass plated ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321891722021?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html %3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321891722021%26_rdc%3D1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 04:35 am:

That's cheap! Buy it and build a new body for it. i would but i'm too far away.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration