OT - Don't feed the spammers!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Don't feed the spammers!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:24 am:

There is a spam thread on the forum entitled "WTS: Brand new DJI Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Pro and Advance quadcopter." Every time someone posts to the thread along the lines of "This is spam!" it moves back up to the top of the forum. If anyone wants to vent about the spammer (until Chris removes the thread), do it here, but please don't post to the spam thread. Let's let it quietly sink out of sight....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Why ?

I don't understand the horror of spam. Is life so dull that this is
really a problem for some people ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Burger, I see no reason for rewarding someone who pollutes our forum with unsolicited ads (for drones or anything else) by continually bringing their cr&p to the top of the forum listing. That's all....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

What's for breakfast?
We have spam & eggs, or eggs and spam, or spam,spam and eggs, or eggs and spam, spam, or eggs eggs & spam spam or spam, spam & eggs eggs.
I just want toast!!
:-)
With NO apologies to Benny Hill!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

^^^^^^ think you intended Monty Python :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Ah yes, that's why I'm NOT apologizing to Benny!
:-) Heh heh heh--good catch though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Well, shouldn't someone apologize to Benny? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Is that spam? I didn't understand the heading and so I skipped over it!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

I think it's too late at this point Mr. Lodge :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

"Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam! I hate Spam! Its Spam for breakfast, Spam for lunch, Spam for dinner, I don't like Spam!"
I don't remember which British comic skit that was, it was a long time ago.

Yes, please don't respond to such threads. If you cannot physically flog the spammer to death? Just let the threads die the anonymous death they otherwise deserve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Today is my birthday. I'd appreciate all forum members sending me $10.

Now, if Mr. Lodge would be so kind as to pass the hat ....

How's that for spam ? :-)

==========================

Monty Python Spam Skit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Burger, you're a piker! I have heard from a number of Nigerians who deal in a lot more than $10! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

You know mister BiS? If I wasn't so broke right now? I think I would send that $10 to you just for kicks.
I did have to check the link you provided to see which one it was. I have seen this one before. But it is not the one I saw so many years ago. After a previous similar thread on this forum a couple years ago, I found several other Youtube videos similar also to this one. I do wish I could find the one I saw so long ago. I can picture the person fairly well still. The piece was short and to the point, probably only about a minute.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (If it really is?) (And if it isn't really? Happy Birthday anyway!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

You never know what STD (Spammer Transmittable Disease) spammers are transmitting, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Shot that drone right out of the sky and our forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Good call, Chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Mebbe shoot out all the OT's too.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

Thank you Chris B!!!!!!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

It really is my birthday, so to celebrate, I bought and installed a set of new spark plug wires.
I guess I bought the cheap set, because they came with no instructions and took me 5 hours
to figure out how to do them right !

Also got the horn button fixed right and working.

So, send those Hamiltons and keep this on spam-topic. Thanks ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 02:45 am:

Burger, I tried emailing you a $10 bill, but dial-up just won't allow it, so just imagine that I did!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Burger I'll be glad to send you $10.00 if you will send me $20.00 first. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:21 am:

It's OK, guys .... just send spam. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Has anyone priced Spam lately at the market ?

It is expensive......

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:44 am:

I can't say that I have, Jim. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration