OT - CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Sorry Guys. I just had to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Cubs win the hillclimb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

Scott:

My brother and his family are from downstate IL and ALL of them are Cardinals fans. My sister and her husband are Cubs fans like myslef and my sons are. Long time rivalry and the Cubs always end up losing to the Cards but NOT THIS YEAR. The Cubs have NEVER clinched a divisional playoff win in Wrigley Field and never won a World Series there either. In fact the Cubs weren't in a WS since the 1940's and last won the World Series around 1908. But we have a bunch of rookies and a terrific new manager and they don't understand that they are supposed to lose. They just eliminated the Cardinals tonight at Wrigley field by a score of 6 to 4 having beat the Cards 3 times in a row to clinch and move on to the championship round. OK way off topic but its almost 10 PM and the crowds are still celebrating the Cubs win. Back to the Future movie featured the cubs winning the World Series in 2015 as part of a movie gag some years ago which could now prove true. Fun stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

As a Red Sox nation guy, I really hope that the Cubs go all the way. We had our long drought end, now it should be the Cubs turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Cubs? Who are they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

Local sand lot fumble bums

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

The first Model Ts hadn't even had their first oil changes the last time the Cubs won the Series. Lets hope Back to The Future 2 got it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

At my young age of 39, I have rooted for the Cubs for many years. I listened to on my A.M. walkman while mowing yards in High School. Heck the little league team I was on was called the Cubs. My Great Grandfather was alive for the 1908 World Series. The vague memory I have of him was rolling his own cigarettes listening to the game on the radio in his rocking chair.

Yeah I know it is WAY off topic, but I needed to share my excitement of my Cubs team with another group of people who also share the same interest with me as Model T's.

To the fans who team did not win. A team has to win and a team has to loose. There is always next year......

Dick ..... I understand
John Regan.... GO CUBS GO!!
John Codman.... Thanks for the support

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Scott:

Sure hope this is the year since I am a bit tired of saying "wait til next year" ha ha. We generally refer to them as the "flubs" since in past years they lost games in the 9th inning when they started the 9th being ahead by 9 runs. Wrigley field is an old field and it still has that charm and Model T's fit right into that era. I wish I had a 1908 Cubs banner since I could put it on my T. ha ha.

Emails between me and my older brother Pat who lives in Springfield, IL:

JFR Email sent on 4/27/15 "We are coming for you guys this year"
PJR Email received on 4/28/15 "Just like last year and the year before that"

Last nights email to Pat asked him how he liked his crow served "hot or cold"...ha ha I had no other communication with him during the year with regard to the Cubs/Cards but for my purposes the WS couldn't top the Cubs knocking the Cards out. For the record my brother Pat and I are best of friends besides being brothers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:57 am:

Scott must be talking about these cubs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:58 am:

You talking about Cub Scouts? :-) Or Bear cubs?:-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how worked up some people get about football.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Football??? Who cares about that?

IT'S HOCKEY SEASON!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Scott & John-
Just to letcha-no, 'The Cubs' had Wisconsin fans before the Braves & then the Brewers came to Milwaukee. Many still retain that soft-spot for them. (Just wishing those fans-to-the-south wouldn't need to be so snarly! But then, isn't 'fan' shortened from 'fanatic'??)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

I thought a CUB was a COUGAR'S boy toy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Are ya'll talkin' about some kind of ball game or something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

Drop the puck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

I was a cub scout until I discovered girls -
Then I became a girl scout.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 03:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 06:34 am:

Sorry guys, but as a Canadian... Go Blue Jays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Today Morning Edition mentioned that the last time the Cubs won the World Series the Model T was a new car. I looked it up and that's correct. Both were in October, 1908.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Collin - I agree, go Jays !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Lucky for me, my TV has a remote control and I can turn off all those sports games and if nothing else is available, turn the TV "OFF".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration