09 repro parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 09 repro parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Can someone here provide contact information for the person who reproduced the early 09 door handles, locks, and latchplates? Also wanting the same information for the person who makes the 09 free-standing top landau bars, top sockets and buggy rail parts.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Unless someone started again, nobody is making the buggy rail parts to my knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

John Boorinakis makes the top parts. Look up John's enterprises on the vendors page. He bought the business from the late Ron Brown, Sr., who had also made the door parts. John may know something about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Thank you kindly gentlemen. Erik, would you have contact info for John?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Apologies Erik...meant to say that I had left message at the business phone....was curious whether you may have a cell# or other contact.
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

Rootlieb has the buggy rail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris S. Hill on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

Scott,

Are you building another 1909? Or is this for your Towncar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Many thanks Leon. Do you know whether their version is the early 09? I understand there are appreciable differences between the early and late, but have no idea what these actually are.
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Hi Scott
.Re door lock assembles. It's been some time since i did a batch .I may still have some in the old stock room..

Advise if you wish me to check.

bob @bobtrevan.com.au

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Scott
You will have to give Tom Rootlieb a call. All I know about the 1909 is they have a buggy rail. There is a old steel farm implement wheel that has the correct oval metal spokes. I was in Minn. last year and saw a set of these wheels. I was driving my car and could not haul them. They were for sale at a low cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Hello Bob:
Sent you a PM.
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 02:24 am:

Scott, Jack Harrison (RIP) made all the door locks for Ray Wells including the early 1909 locks. He left all the patterns and parts to me and I gave everything to Dennis Oley in Redding, CA. Dennis is making very nice locks but not the early 1909 lock. There is just not enough call for them and they are very labor intensive. I have most of the internal parts and the strickers but not the lock housings. They can be made, it's just lots of time. Give me a call if you want more info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Please let me know if you know of anyone thinking of making the buggy rail again. We bought the last bits and pieces that Rootlieb had and Tom said at that time they were not planning on making anymore. Maybe this changed, I hope so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Hello Ned:
Consistent information I'm finding about the early 09 buggy rail is that the reproductions that have taken place are not accurate, or are not acceptable quality, or both.
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Chris Hill:
Long time no hear...hope all is well at your end. I am assembling a spreadsheet of 2-lever unique items that are either available, or where these will need to be designed and built from scratch. I do not have another 09, and no, the buggy rail is not a Town Car item.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Scott,
The way it was explained to me was it comes in pieces that need to be welded together and there was a lot of fitting work that needs to be done. They did this in order for the owner to fie the rail more accurately to the desired car.

We are looking for one for a 1910 tourabout if anyone has any leads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Ned,

If you are ever in Indian, you are welcome to stop by and look at my Feb, 1910 Tourabout (just like an 09). It is complete with the original top. cell 317-201-6524. Rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

Rod,
Thank you for the offer. I will keep that in mind.

This is why if there is ever a part being reproduced that you know you will need, buy it while it is available. Something that comes to mind is two piece timers. How much would anyone be willing to pay for a new one right now? How much would a new brass radiator cost to make if brassworks were to stop making them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

We have the locks made by Dennis Oley, or you can buy them direct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Hello Glen:
You have the early 09 locks?
Thx,
SR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Scott, Here is what we have.DOOR LOCKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Many thanks Glen:
Per the photos furnished by Kim, these are the late 09 - 1910 locks.
Regards,
Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration