Reproduction or not?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reproduction or not?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:42 am:

This Ruckstell /Perfecto shifter body is bronze, not steel like I've always seen. The lever itself appears to be original. Wondered if it is a reproduction. I know the later style Ruckstell shifter has been reproduced for years but I've never seen this style reproduced. Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

All the originals that I have seen are cast iron. If you painted that bronze black no one will know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Yes, I agree, paint it black and use it. It just keeps nagging me though. The lever or handle is original, so is the straight pin. Even the flat head pin is original, or at least is the same shape as appears in the blueprints. I just wonder if Ruckstell experimented with a bronze frame at some point. Perhaps one of those minor facts lost to history.

BTW, did anyone see the new photo of Billy the Kid in the news? I saw that same photo about 15 years or so ago in a antique shop in Fresno. ;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Richard- see my posting over in the classifieds .
Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration