Who owns this beautiful '27 Roadster?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Who owns this beautiful '27 Roadster?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

I found this picture on the the internet and it has been on my computer desktop for some time now, motivating me while I work on my own. It looks just as I would like my car to look, except I have wood spokes.

Does anyone know who owns this car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Too much shine for me.
I prefer a T that looks like it is being used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

That is a beautiful car. I see it has Ohio license plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

I was wondering if this car is blue or green.

My roadster's body is at the painter's and has been just been finished in Dupont paint which according to them is Gunmetal Blue. The paint chip code is SG083.50. It's a dark blue with greenish hues to it depending on the light. Tomorrow I get to see it in person. :D

The fenders, splash aprons and running boards are already home. All the 50 year old brushed on paint is gone, covered over with glossy, shiny black paint. I know it's over restored for a T but it sure looks pretty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Progress pictures, Eric S, progress pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 04:12 am:

Eric - they were very glossy and shiny when new, it's just that it only lasted a year or so with the materials used back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 06:25 am:

Eric:one of these days I may restore mine :-) but for right now it's too much fun to drive.

please show us pictures of yours:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 07:35 am:

I think I remember saving a picture or two of this T. IIRC, it was one that former poster, John Sizemore had restored. I bought one of John's T's back in 06

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Love utes. This is mine. Getting there slowly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Ok, finally back. It's been a busy week.

The paint used is Dupont Gunmetal Blue code 436. It's a deep blue and you can see green tones when it is placed in direct sunlight. When contrasted with black paint it appears lighter and more obviously blue rather than "almost black" as many people have perceived this color. I really like it.

Gary, thanks for your info on the owner of the 27 Roadster.

Wayne, here's a picture of the just painted body. All the blue parts will be ready next week. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Z , Candlewood Lake, CT on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Russell, mine is getting "there" even more slowly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:10 am:

Looking really nice Eric S! Yours too Bill Z and Russel P, and GRC.
Thanks for the progress pictures!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration