Hershey Car show thank you

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hershey Car show thank you
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

I wanted to thank everyone that stopped by and met my daughter Olivia at the Hershey car show. She had a blast and made comments that everyone was very nice and asked a lot of questions. She was one tired 12 year old on the ride home to NJ Saturday night.

It was a great day as there was three Generations of my family showing cars there that day, my father age 80 in his 1902 oldsmobile, myself in a 1909 Buick and Olivia age 12 in her 1915 Model T.

Many of you may recall Mr Rootlieb ran an essay contest a couple of years ago and she was a lucky winner of the contest.

She did a ton of work on the car, learned that she is a REALLY good painter, and has a mechanical aptitude that is impressive at any age. There was never a lefty loosy rightie tightie lesson, it was instinct.

Thank you all again for making her day enjoyable and we are now thinking of a way to pay it forward with a similar type of project for someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

This is the only shot I got of Olivia before my batteries expired. She did a lot of nice work on that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

We talked with Olivia also and were amazed that she did much of this restoration herself. So much talent at such a young age! I'm sure she will have a great future!

Best wishes to you, Olivia!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

John - I bet you sure are proud, as you should be.

My dad and I bought my car when I was just 12 and we spent may hours together working on it. They are memories that will last forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

So Who's the lucky one? The Girl for having a father who supports and encourages her, or the car for having such a talented caretaker for a very long time? Great job :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

thanks for all the nice comments, a funny story needs to be told, I work for a manufacturing company, the lineage of the same family have been painting our equipment since the 1950's, the patriarch Fernando requested that he teach her how to paint, because he wanted to teach her " right "

I have to say, he taught her pretty well...

Fernando is on the Left. He is as proud of her as my father and I. He now claims that she can paint better than both of us.... I think he is right.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration