Side Lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Side Lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

I'm not sure if I've gotten duped..
you see I wanted to add brass side lights to my car, so like many of us. I've looked and looked, and looked.. Well you get the picture, Then I think I've found some side lights at a good price that I can afford.. But when I get them "After talking with the sellers" They sure don't look like T side lights to me.. I just got the second pair "Showing the measuring tape" from a different person since I wasn't happy with the first, Since they looked soo big.. and But they don't look size wise in height nor size like the tail light is there a side light bible..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

I'll try. The side lights on my 1911 open runabout look just like yours except mine are double stack. The tail light you have looks correct but I'm not sure anyone would know for sure. Some cars came without any and lights were optional when you bought the car. I could only wonder the amount of cars that were set up at the dealers and the lights on the shelf were the ones they got. Can't say I blame them. A lot of the brackets would work on most of those lights. (Sorry I lost my old train of thought.) The tail light you have is just like mine except mine is a triple stack. Go figure. Tops can be found and changed. Nice Side and tail lights there gonna look good. Did you get the mounts? I'm looking for a left and right. If I don't find them soon it's time to buy some brass and make some. Good luck and buy Blue Magic polish and work that finger.
Rooster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

I don't think you've been "duped," just need to know what was correct for your car. Here is a photo of just a FEW of the lamps we'll be selling next week at the Lau Garage Sale. As you can see, there are a wide variety of sizes and styles. All are "correct" for Model T's - you just need to know which one!

www.LauGarageSale.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

If you want lights that are right for the year of the car, consult Bruce McCalley's Model T Encyclopedia. It has good pictures of what's correct. If you don't care about that, use whatever looks good to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/I-O.htm#lamps

:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration