Can You Identify this Model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Can You Identify this Model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Connors on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

A local history group found this photo and would like to know what Model T it is.

https://www.mainememory.net/media/images/450/75/101547.JPG

Iíve searched about, and many Model T touring cars have the same look, but none of them seem to match. For instance, the 1914 model has the same vertical section between the windshield and hood, but the 1916 model has the curved rear fender.

Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

I suspect it is a 1914 touring fitted with later year replacement fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

i agree that it's a '14 Touring. The fenders appear to be accessory crowned fenders. The rounded bead on the rear fender looks identical to that on a friends '16 with period accessory fenders. I don't recall any year of Ford fenders that had a round bead like that where the fender meets the runningboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Connors on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Many thanks! No wonder I was confused. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration