San Antonio 1939

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: San Antonio 1939
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

This neat photo showed up on the Traces of Texas Facebook page this evening and I thought I would share with this group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Great picture of a 1923 - 1925 T. I could believe 1949.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Photo was taken in 1939 by Russell Lee and is part of a documented collection of his photographs.

I imagine this poor vehicle met its demise at the hands of a scrap drive in World War II.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 02:20 am:

Slant windshield, low cowl. Probably 1923. Of course, the windshield could have been changed at some point earlier onto a '20 to '22. Seat upholstery tack wood indicates it cannot be earlier than 1920.
Sadly, yes, it likely is no longer among us. However to have become part of a battleship or tank at that time in history is not the worst way to go.
It would be wonderful to find it today, sitting just like that. Ready for a minor rework onto the road and a preservation class car.
Great photo! Thank you for sharing.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Use to see 'stuff like that' out behind the barn in rural parts of the country. Not much anymore. My Father would take me with him to farm auctions in the late 50's and 60's and occasionally we would see similar sites. By the 80's they were pretty much gone in this area of Texas.
That square oil can sitting on the running board along with the Mobiloil can is pretty neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Use to see 'stuff like that' out behind the barn in rural parts of the country. Not much anymore. My Father would take me with him to farm auctions in the late 50's and 60's and occasionally we would see similar sites. By the 80's they were pretty much gone in this area of Texas.
That square oil can sitting on the running board along with the Mobiloil can is pretty neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Good call Wayne. That is a great photo angle showing a low cowl with the slanted windshield. The period oil cans are great. That car looks much like my first T. Mom was horrified when she saw it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

My dad was always hauling home junk. By the time I was old enough to bring anything like that home? My mom was used to it.
Your comment still made me laugh!
Drive carefully my friend, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 11:59 am:

It took Mom about 6 months to fall in love with the car. A little paint and a backyard engine rebuild made it a "perfectly restored Model T" in her eyes. Moms are like that.

The clothes line, the kids clothes and the plant buckets sure do capture an era.

Neat photo Mike

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration