OT - Sunsets & People ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Sunsets & People ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

A person & a sunset have a lot in common ...

No two are ever alike

Some are appreciated more by some than others

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Somewhere West of Laramie? :-)Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

Love those colors! This is Negril, Jamaica. (Yeah, we're sometimes able to escape to warmer climes.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:53 am:

In the non-dust season, the skies over Afghanistan were spectacular.
I took a lot of photos, but am too tired now to dig them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 03:15 am:

Jim, You are a philosopher.
Burger, I, for one, would like to see some of those. At your convenience.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 07:00 am:

I have never seen any sunsets that were more spectacular than the ones that I saw in Vietnam. Sometimes they were almost scarlet red. I've read that was because of so many campfires. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 09:54 am:

How about a sunrise picture?
This is Mt. Rainier casting a shadow on the bottom of a cloud layer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Well, first, since AFG is known for its dust, we'll start with a dust sunset:

And for some color:

Around 01 November, through say, April, the skies were clear and crisp. As the heat
built up, the dust became the norm.

I believe this is actually a sunrise. South-central AFG is very flat with the mountains
jutting up like Nessy from the Loch Ness with no intermediate hills ... just flat and jagged
sawtooth mountains poking through.

And one of my favorites. Semper Fi !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Thanks for your service, Burger.

And great pictures.

jk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

Death Valley February 2013
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

One of my favorite Sunset pictures (I take a LOT of sunset pictures). This was on Kentucky Lake, I think, back in May 2007.

Sunset for the Delta Queen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Sunset from the east coast of Lake Michigan. The car is a 1966 Imperial Convertible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Sunrise over the top of my barn looking through the trees. Kapowsin Washington

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 12:15 am:

A "Loon-Hour" Eclipse !! Check out my corona !!

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Sunrise in remote SE Oregon along Hwy 140

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

I suspect that some people are just more prone to see things of beauty in the world
they move through, while others are so amused or see "value" in that kind of thing. I
always notice simple stuff and friends/people I know think I'm a little odd for it. :-)

More AFG .... In November, the temps cool off and by December it is downright cold,
even in Sector South, where I spent most of my time. Up north, in camps like Apache,
we saw 5' of snow at times ! But getting back to skies and sunsets, come January, the
monsoons arrive and the lunar landscape of dust turns to slop and muck: This brooding
sky had given us some rain all day, but overnight it dumped hard and the flash flooding
blew holes right through the perimeter walls !

After a few hours, it was bright and sunny again and the warmth felt good on your face.
A strange thing to think when just a couple months before, it was 130+ !

Here are various "color" photos of sunsets during the rainy season. In a land of tan
and grey, this color really stood out. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

One more, East Bay Florida, off my front porch:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration