Non starter alternator setup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Non starter alternator setup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Advice were get one and since I'm running an electric fan what type of drive belt setup
Motor is 17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

What's the electric fan for? You running 6-8 or 12 volt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

12v running electric fan as I adapted a new aluminum radiator $160 V's $900 for a berks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:16 am:

Hey Bob,
Can you post pictures of how you adapted the aluminum radiator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:18 am:

Tim sent you a pm I can't seem post here from my cell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 05:39 am:

Both Lang's and Snyder's sells modern style belt driven 12v alternators for non generator engines:
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/external-alternator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 09:12 am:

Wow! Those brackets, pulley and fan belt add over $200 to the price of an alternator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Ken exactly was hoping for another option guess I can make it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 04:22 am:

Bob, why can't you use a stock fan with the aluminum radiator? Just curious. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 06:24 am:

I have a close friend that is using the aluminum radiator and Bob as you say adapted it to fit the T by moving the intake and outlet to match the Model T configuration. He drives the fire out of it and uses the stock fan system with no problems. So is your 17 engine one that does not have the removable casting at the back of the timing gear casting or the one that doesn't?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

David John my top tank is thinner front to back then my old one and when I made my neck and took have it welded I forgot the differance and made clearances real tight
I made a water neck spacer in between the outlet and head this also gave me a place add my temp sensor for temp gauge as well as a thermo switch to run the fan as needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Pictures would be appreciated from both cars. I would like to see how they were made to fit. Thank you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration