Different coil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Different coil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 08:51 am:

I bought a few weeks ago some coils on Ebay.
They arrived this week and I started to clean them.
In the pile I found this.

I think I will rebuild it and keep it in my collection of special coils.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:01 am:

I'll bet the guy running the door stamping machine blinked or sneezed and 46 doors got double stamped in the 3 seconds it took for him to open his eyes again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Could be Charlie. Or perhaps it happened on the day that the workers got the $5.00 a day raise. A matter of Ford pride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Workers would stamp those boxes twice for coils that double sparked when tested on the HCCT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Dan,
With new contact points, new capacitor and redone solder points, also inside, It just work right 16 sparks on one revolution and 1.3Amp on my HCCT.

Don't know why the double stamp.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Mistake. Plain & simple. Now if it was a coin or a stamp you might have something special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Fits a Tudor :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 01:08 am:

I did not start this conversation to know the value of the coil, I did start it to show a curiosity I found in a pile of barn found coils.

I was thinking: there were about 75,000,000 coils made by Ford and one have a double stamp,
it should be worth to show.

Bob, It fits a 1926 Touring as well, (Not the woody, it has a Master coil).

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Yeah, if it were a 1955 nickel, you'd be able to afford a LOT of T coils!
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration