OT - Copperstate Classics in Phoenix, AZ - images attached ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Copperstate Classics in Phoenix, AZ - images attached ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:32 am:

I had to pick up a floor pan at Copperstate Classics in Phoenix, AZ on Wednesday ....

Some very nice early Dodge cars & other interesting examples ... :-)

More images:

Instagram @ http://instagram.com/directenclosedautohauler/#

Twitter @ https://twitter.com/directautohaul

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005456325407

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Extra slice of raisin pie to the first person who can correctly ID the gold car in the first photo. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:46 am:

1957 desoto fireflite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:51 am:

If you go to one of the links - you can see a wide variety of cars - most in original unrestored condition ... :-)

Copperstate Classics has a large selection of parts for sale ...

They are location under the I-17 & I-10 interchange in South Phoenix ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Not just a Fireflight, but a Fireflight Adventurer.

The DeSoto version of the Chrysler 300 letter series. Hi Performance all-the-way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Burger - Yeah, I knew you'd pick up on that Desoto right away! In fact I thought you'd comment on that beautiful red Desoto that just appeared in one of the Hershey threads!

The one I'm trying to figure out in Freighter Jim's second photo is the candy apple red car with the continental spare tire parked just ahead of the red '55 Chevrolet. I think it's about a '50 or so (give or take a year or two) GM car,......possibly Chev, Pontiac or Oldsmobile, but the tail lights don't look quite right for any of those,......???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

The license plate says Kadilak - is that a hint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Harold,

Click on one of the links to see more images .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

I once had a Volvo Duett wagon same colors as the one pictured in partial restoration stage. Thanks for linking all the pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Freighter Jim - Ahhhh-haaa,......found it! Took awhile Jim, but I did find it! I had the year about right,.....still not sure, but I'd guess about a '51 Caddy. Nice! Not my choice of color for that particular car, but still NICE!

Gilbert - I should have paid more attention to your "hint"! Yes that WAS a really obvious hint,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Jim - Forgot to say it, but that "instagram" thing makes for a pretty nice "car show". So, you're just one more reason why I'm just not getting anything done this morning,......hope you're happy,.....ha,ha,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

Harold,

Happy to be a welcome distraction .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Yes, it is a 1958 DeSoto Adventurer ! One of 350 coupes and 82 convertibles built. DeSoto introduced the
original Mopar B-block for 1958 in 350 and 361 cid. For 59 it would be bored to 383 and become one of the
most revered V-8's ever made. But for 58, the Firesweep (Dodge with some DeSoto parts) got the 350 and
Firedome, Fireflite, and Adventurer got the 361 with 2bbl, 4bbl, and 2x4bbl carbs, respectively. Adventurers
came largely "loaded", as one of Mopar's elite specialty performance models ... 300, Adventurer, D500, and
Fury.

I believe less than a dozen of these 58 Adventurer coupes are confirmed to survive.

Harold - I did not see a Hershey thread with a red DeSoto. And FWIW, red is not a good thing to this old car
guy. Just say "no" to red ! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration