OT - Evan in Paso Robles, CA donates to the museum ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Evan in Paso Robles, CA donates to the museum ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 01:08 am:

Great day !

Met Evan - again ....

I hauled a JD orchard tractor for him years ago.

We met for coffee & conversation this morning.

He generously donated a Weaver Low-Way floor jack to the MTFCA Museum he got from Dick Fisher in Arroyo Grande, CA.

Thanks Evan !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 01:15 am:

It was great to meet with you today! Thanks for hauling the Lo-Way jack back to the Museum, hope that they can use it in the display-working shop.

Travel safely and look me up the next time you are through Paso Robles and I will buy!

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 01:40 am:

Evan,

I was just reading about the mudslide on Hwy 58 in Tehachapi.

That was my original planned route & my time frame would have put me right into that mess ....

Glad my travel plans changed .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 02:52 am:

We have been watching the news about that. What a mess!!! Glad you avoided it.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Wayne, I hope you're not in an area that'll be severely impacted this winter when Mr. Nino hits!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Evan,

Jay was thrilled to get the jack - he had never seen that model before.

Dropped it off today ...

Thanks Again !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Thanks Jim for providing the transport!

It is a very "cool" jack, for the folks that have never seen one the front large wheels steer using the Tee on the end of the handle!

Maybe there should be floor jack races at the next home coming celebration!……could be fun to watch.

Jay, how is the shop coming along? What other tools are needed to get this project moving forward?

Thanks again to Freighter Jim for the haul and Dick Fischer for passing the jack on to me.

Evan in Paso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Evan,

That is a good point to ask Jay what other tools might be needed.

If any members want to donate tools I will provide free transport to the MTFCA Museum in Richmond, IN (subject to availability).

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 05:51 am:

Thank you to Evan, Dick, and Freighter Jim for donating the jack and transportation to the MTFCA Model T Museum.

And yes an update on which tools are still desired for creating the "Ford Garage" would be great.

If any of you have not seen the museum lately -- it is a great place to visit.

And thank you to all of you who support our club & hobby through the museum, the forum and many other ways. Thank you!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Klehfoth on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Thanks to Evan and Dick and Jim. I tried using this jack as a walker--but at `100 pounds, it is a little tough to go up stairs with it.
This model is really unique as it is steerable. We have a couple of other Weaver jacks that are the tricycle-type, but nothing like this one. It still has much of its original paint on it. I have seen pictures/ads for this type, but it is the first one I have seen.
Jim has offered to pickup tool/equipment donations and deliver them to the museum--a very kind gesture.
We are working on plans and taking an inventory right now and will come up with a wish list. I do know that we want a pan straightening jig, but have to wait for a list from the committee who is working on this.
I also apologize for my tardiness in responding, but somehow I was blocked from posting -- it must have been operator error. Chris fixed my problem and I am not in "time out."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Hi Jay !

Good to talk to you yesterday on the phone without me dropping the call - I do believe that is a first !

I am on my way back to Paso Robles to drop off this 1958 Porsche 356 from Tulsa, OK after I drop a 1967 Camaro Convertible in Las Vegas, NV today .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration