Greetings from New MTFCA Executive Director, Susan Yaeger

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Greetings from New MTFCA Executive Director, Susan Yaeger
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

Hello to all MTFCA members and Model T enthusiasts! I am honored that the Board approved my appointment as Executive Director for the MTFCA and the Model T Museum. During a transition period that started August 1 and continues through the end of this year, I will be learning the functions and assuming roles related to the Club and Museum business operations.

I am grateful to Barbara, who announced her retirement effective year-end, and Jay Klehfoth who are working with me during this transition. It is impossible for me to fill the shoes of my predecessors, but I do hope to take the MTFCA and the Museum to the next level of organization, technology and planning. My goal is the same as yours — to make the Club and the Model T Museum sustainable for future generations to enjoy.

A little about me… I consider myself most fortunate to have had a wonderful career, most recently spending 22 years with Procter & Gamble in their pet care division. When the opportunity to take an early retirement became available, it opened the doors for me to have another rewarding career working for the MTFCA. I’ve also worked in banking, for a newspaper, non-profit organization, business brokers, and a public utility company. My experiences include communications, public relations, event planning, and project management. I have been active in the Richmond community for many years and am very excited to host people when they come to the Museum and the area to visit.

One of the most memorable times in my life was the 2+ years spent in a volunteer capacity working on the 2008 Model T Centennial event. I’ve talked to many people who travelled to Richmond, Indiana where they joined more than 1,000 Model Ts and thousands of people from across the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand for a week of touring and many fun activities. It was during this time that I learned first-hand how great the Model T people really are.

I am truly looking forward to this new challenge and ask for your patience during my transition. There is much to learn and I will no doubt make my share of mistakes along the way. I welcome your comments and suggestions on how I can best serve our membership and the hobby. I especially look forward to meeting members at a national meeting tour or during your next visit to the Museum in Richmond, Indiana where you are always welcome!

My Personal Philosophy… Respect everyone, regardless of their position at work or in life. Be an honest encourager. Be a better listener than a talker. Absorb, learn, grow, and have some fun along the way!

The photo here shows me at the recent “Taste of Wayne County” event in Richmond on October 8. Benny Young, along with his Depot Hack, and I had great fun demonstrating the versatility of the Model T by showing you can make s’mores in the manifold cooker! Although we couldn’t cook the quantity needed for the hundreds of people who attended, everyone thoroughly enjoyed the yummy treats and it was great publicity for the Museum.
Me and Benny Young's Depot Hack at recent Wayne County event

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Susan, Welcome aboard. I remember you from the Centennial and the wonderful work you did there.Keep it up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

congratulations to you sue, you did a splendid job on every project you have done for the mtfca, and I look forward to your future endeavors that you have planed!
some of my suggestions are, to play the national anthem at the beginning of every function, every morning during the function. to develop a youth program, weather the club gives a youth that is starting a T project a set of the club cds, a year membership, a couple of T gifts sponsored by a T vendor etc. do something for the youth to get them hooked, once they are bitten by the T bug they are in it for the long haul. they would need to meet some requirements like the mtfci does, but we need do to something for the youth. make the tour at the homecoming 3 days instead of 2. it was not enough time to do the tours and collect the stamps and see everything in just 2 days. plus, after I travel that far to tour, I want to do just that, tour. the flea market and homecoming is getting better every year. I have more but wanted to throw this out into the wind. cant wait to see you next year and keep up all the great work you do for the mtfca. doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Welcome, Susan!

I, too, think we met at the Centennial.

I hope you post occasionally on the forum. Although Jay and Jennifer will probably disagree with me, I believe this forum is the lifeblood of this club.

I've been friends with Jay and Barbara for many years and they have done a fabulous job running this club. I wish you all the success (and friendship) they had (and have)!

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

Susan,

Crazy Jim here (ask Justin) ....

I think we met but I might be wrong.

Any friend of Barbara & Jay is my friend as well.

Any thing I can do - let me know ....

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Thanks so much, Jack, for the well wishes and I look forward to getting reacquainted at the next event. You're just around the corner! Hope to see you at Homecoming 2016, if not earlier.

Doug, as always, your ideas and suggestions are great, especially regarding the need to improve youth programs. Education is high on the radar and like you said, if you can get them hooked, they'll be with us for life. The 2016 Homecoming committee is meeting this week and I'll be sure to share your excellent suggestions. June 2-3-4, 2016 is just around the corner!

Keith and Jim, I know we have met, but always in the midst of craziness, so I look forward to visiting next time you're in Richmond. And I agree, Jay and Barbara have given their all to the MTFCA. They are special people and everyone is grateful for their 25+ years of service.

And yes, Keith, I am going to do my best to make regular posts here on the Forum. A great way to keep in touch with the members on a more frequent basis.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Welcome, Susan! We met during the Centennial & I'm the "other" Keith. You have big shoes to fill but with your extensive experience I'm sure you can do it.

Best wishes,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Susan,

Welcome aboard! I don’t think we have met yet, but I look forward to supporting you and others to help our hobby and club continue to grow. The forum is a quick way to reach many but not all of the members. And it reaches many folks who are not members yet, but who are interested in Model Ts or information about them etc. I’m sure Jay and Barbara will continue to be seen at many Model T events as well as the museum. I greatly appreciate all the hard work they contributed for so many years. I look forward to meeting you the next time I can stop by the museum. And as others have said, please let us know how we can be of help.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

G'day Susan,
My thanks for the wonderful welcome you gave to my Aussie travelling companions on our recent visit to the museum & Richmond. It is great to see the future of the museum is in excellent hands. A big G'day also to your helpers who also made our group so welcome.I have a new bucket list item now to come to a homecoming event before I fall off the perch & go to the great big Highland Park in the sky. Regards & congratulations from down under. Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Susan, I am Micheal Crowe and I want to welcome you aboard. I know you will be able to to fill Barbara and Jay's shoes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Susan, welcome to the affliction. You sound very enthusiastic, and I think that is a great quality. It sounds like you have already had your feet wet, so jumping right in shouldn't be a problem.

Posting here and seeing interaction of the higher club levels I think would be great. I understand most of the older generation may not be computer or forum savvy, so I welcome the fact you want to join in. It is a club after all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

WELCOME to MTFCA, we are glad to have you with us. You would certainly be welcome to join us on the Winter Tour to be held in Ocala, Florida starting February 28th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Thanks for all the kind postings! Proof once again what a great group of people the Model T hobby attracts. Plus, the possibility of touring in Florida during February. Can't beat that!

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome and offers of help. You can be sure I will be taking you up on that as well as checking in and posting here regularly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

As we say to most new posters here, "Welcome to the Affliction" Yes, you'll have big shoes to fill. Have you ever really looked at Jay's feet? Jay and Barbara
have done an excellent job at building interest in the Model T and keeping us old coots together. You'll do real well. We're glad to have Ya'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

Welcome, Susan.

Okay, someone has to ask.... Do you have a Model T yet? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

Hello Susan,

Thanks for volunteering to take up the reins. _Yes, it's true you have some big shoes to fill and it certainly bears repeating that Barbara and Jay Klehfoth did a conspicuously wonderful job for a protracted length of time. _That having been said (but by no means for the last time), let me congratulate you on your appointment as Executive Director. _I wish you every enjoyment as you undertake this new endeavor! _Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! _:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

You folks are fun! I will have to check out Jay's shoe size, I guess! And what a great description of Barbara & Jay's work.. "A conspicuously wonderful job for a protracted length of time." We all should be so fortunate as to receive that kind of accolade.

And Dick, you asked the million dollar question. My answer is... "no... not yet!" I have to take my time to check them all out! Russ Grunewald did teach me how to 'drive' his T though, for about 50 yards in an open field. I'll definitely need more lessons!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Susan, when I first got my T, I spent a week driving it around the block (right turns only). Seven years later, I drove it (with six others) from St. Louis to Dearborn and back for the Ford Centennial. Also drove it five years later to Richmond and back for the T Centennial. You'll get there.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Hi Susan and congratulations, we met in 2008 at the centenary, at that time you went well out of your way to see us far from home aussie T'eed up with rides for a big part of the week; even driving us out to catch up with some whilst enroute.
Thank you and l am sure we have a great person in you, in this role.

David Dare
Rally Director
SEA MOUNTAINS & VALLEYS TOUR T - 2016
Lardner Park - Warragul - Victoria - Australia.
Sat Sept 24 - Sun Oct 02 - 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

Welcome aboard Susan, Your following in some mighty big foot steps. Henry Ford, Bruce McCalley, Jay and Barbara Klehfoth. But I am sure you are up to the task. We are all here to help if needed. Good Luck and God bless. Glen Chaffin, Chaffin's Garage Inc.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration