Oil line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Oil line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john a sellers on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

While I'm waiting for the valves, lifters and other assorted parts to arrive, I was going to clean out the oil lines, no problem with the external from the mag post to the timing cover, but I can't find a opening in the front of the block in the area behind the cam gear. cam shaft is out. where should I be looking?
Thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

There should be a hole just to the left and below where the large cam gear would attach. See page 128, figure 294 of the Ford Service Manual.

It says to either blow compressed air in it, or run a stiff cable thru it and then crank the engine over several times to make sure oil flows through the tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

John, you can blow them out with an air hose like this....Hope this helps.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration