1924 Touring floor board riser

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1924 Touring floor board riser
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 11:11 pm:

Can somebody post a photo of the front floor board risers for their 1924 Touring (Roadster should be the same). This is for the high cowl with wood dash pillars. The low cowl cars have a narrower dash and use a different riser. The 1925 cars have a steel pillar which is not as thick as the 24 wood pillars so I don't think that those are the same. I can't believe that Henry would use a style of riser for just one year but I am beginning to think that this was the case. Any clarity that someone can provide would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/22138.html

Older post. Scroll down and good pic of original 25 open car riser is there.
Ford was doing more metal and less wood in the 25 model year. By 26 most of the wood was out of the open cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 11:49 pm:

Dec of 23 roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Jerome - per the text text, the photo is of a 23 roadster. The low cowl dash pillars for those cars are about 1 3/4" wide. The 24 roadster/touring dash pillars are about 3" wide. If you install the 23 & earlier riser on the wider dash pillar it pushes out the bottom edge of the kick panel which no longer allows the kick panel to remain vertical. I think the 24 cars need a riser that mounts to the wider face of the pillar rather than the side.But I am looking for a photo to confirm this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:59 am:

My car is a 1924 model T Ford made in Dec of 23 with a an of about 9 000 000

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 02:15 am:

Thanks for clarifying Jerome. Then the photo is of a high cowl and the riser does indeed attach to the side of the pillar. Do you happen to have a photo of the top of that same pillar including the top rail?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:00 am:

I can get you all the pohots you want. Car is unrestored and little of the interior is left. There is a flash I my phone and can shoot up under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

All I really need at this point is the top of the dash pillar and the wood top rail that connects to it. I have been collecting close up photos of Roadsters, Tourings & Coupes so you can send any others too. The plan is to post all the photos on a web page so we all have an easy place to access them rather than searching the forum for them all the time. I feel that the easier we make information available the more likely a newbie will stick with the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Tonight's pic right side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Oh, I see now! By looking at the welting that still remains, the kick panel attaches to the face of the rail part of the way then it curves inward to attach to the wide part of the pillar. Thanks Jerome you have been a great help as I now know what to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 04:16 am:

Thomas, I have '25 coupe and I have found there are several differences between them and the '24's. Not very noticeable, but different anyway. Dave Sosnoski is the '24-'25 guru and I have learned a lot from him. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration