Info wanted on "Horlick Mountain Oiler system"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Info wanted on "Horlick Mountain Oiler system"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

Spent the last 90 minuets looking and all I could really find was this picture. It's the pic I wanted but would line to know the size of all the parts if anyone has them. I believe I'm right in that it used a 1/2" line?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 01:11 am:

3/8" what I seen it in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 02:03 am:

Hi, What position is the starter cover in? 12-3-6-9. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 03:13 am:

Jerome; In the connections there are going two inch 15 mm pipes in and then connected with a hose.The thread connections are 1/2 inch pipe.
Scott ; The starter cover is in the -6- position
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 06:58 am:

That is not the Terry H. system as i know it.The one Terry used has a scoop to put on the hogshead and all do not have a starter.Years ago i think Reid Welch did a test that the hogshead scoop actually made about 5 psi enough to use a filter!! The Terry H. scoop requires the hogshead be cut and i had it installed on my 14 after i busted a crankshaft.Others will speak up i hope but i have to get to my truck!! Bud haulling beets in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 07:58 am:

That is the "Gary Tillstrom Bendix line oiler". Google my name with oiler added to it and then select images. I have a PDF on my computer at work that I can send you. Just send me a PM.

Instead of using copper line as I did, TSC sells hydraulic hoses for less than you can buy the copper line and brass flare nuts for.

If you have the hogshead off, the better setup is the one where you cut a hole in it and attach the scoop. The bendix oiler is an add on that I came up with in a pinch as I didn't feel like pulling the hogshead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 09:38 am:

The peddlers sell a kit for the type of oiler Terry designed and it uses a large line. If you use one of the kits, do not use the plate with threaded points that goes under the hogshead. Pull the inspection cover, find the area of most oil sling with engine running, mark the approximate center then pull the hogshead. I drill the hole at a slant to help catch oil. Use the fitting supplied and drill and tap six holes into the hogshead to hold the filling on with supplied allen screws. I have seen that internal plate strip when the screws are tightened and leak. I have made up two of these for my T's and never had a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

I know Terry also had a set of baffles he designed, made, and attached to the inside of the inspection cover. These held the oil a bit going up hill so that the oil didn't run away so quickly. I had seen a tread showing these several years ago, but have not been able to find it since. (I am not very good at computer searches, although I try)
When I was restoring my "mostly '13" speedster a couple years ago, I could not find the thread with pictures. So I designed something myself from memory and built it. I did take some pictures of what I built, but I can't find them either. I hate computers.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Is This it?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration