Fender brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fender brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

I am having a problem fitting the fender bracket to my new fender, I ordered some brackets and tried fitting them to the fender, I looked at my 24 to figure out which is which but, when I fitted it to the fender it is too long and doesn't fit into the beads, I tried the one for the left side on the right fender and it fits perfectly but the eye bolt now comes in from the front, does it matter? could my fender by off by 1/4" ?
I don't want to drill it for rivits until it is right a perplexing problem. Thanks for your help.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Rick, I just looked at several fenders I have and found the eye bolts from both directions. Found the same on rear fenders. My guess is that different years have different brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

OK, Thanks Jim.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

My used brackets didn't fit well to my new fenders either. Just had to bend them to fit as best as I could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

All fender brackets are not the same for the 17-25 cars.
When I removed the brackets from several badly rusted up fenders I was taking to the junk yard I noticed that some were made slightly different.

I used the one I had in the bracket pile to install in a nice fender I bought at Chickasha.

It was a right front fender for my 21 Touring that matched the badly rusted up one I had. Before that I thought the brackets were all the same configuration. Not quite.
Nobody makes repo brackets for black years fenders. Maybe that's why.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration