Prestolite tank valve?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Prestolite tank valve?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Is the valve to the Prestolite tank soldered in? I can't get it out and it looks like it could have been soldered in. Were these "clocked" at a certain position, I've got a couple tanks and the valves are clocked differently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

I have two Prest - o - Lite tanks, both with the offset valve for horizontal use. They are "clocked" in position with the threaded outlet facing in the down position when the valve is at the top most position.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:01 am:

David,

Is the tank you are working on an old Prest-O-Lite tank with a gauge on the bottom?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Keith, if I have the valve at the top the threaded outlet is facing at about 7:00, I figured it should be 6:00. Ken, the hole is there for the valve, I've got to use one from another tank. The tank I'm trying to get the valve out of is the shorter tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Oops, I meant the hole is there for the gauge.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

David,

I have a Prest-O-Lite "E" tank, 30 cubic foot of gas, and the supply valve is flush with the boss. It is the short one and has flats that make it appear to have been screwed in but it is clocked to approximately 6.

Are you building a display tank for the running board?

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration