Spokes from Store bought Hickory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Spokes from Store bought Hickory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

If I could find Shag Bark Hickory, I would use it. The 8X10X2 plank that I made these wheels from cost over $200.00 a long time ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

How do you upload more than 2 pictures per post??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:01 am:

This one was omitted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:15 am:

What fun. I made a set of 50 spokes, the first was slow.
The fifth was much easier
The 25th was getting boring
The 50th was rally boring, even though it was easy.
I broke one in the press operation.. Good to have a spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 02:27 am:

Hal, you can include any number of pictures in one post. More than two won't all show up at the same time in Preview, but but different ones will show each time you preview. When you finally Post, all of them will show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Thanks Steve!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

Hal, Those spokes and wheels are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Your talent and skill really shows.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

looks good! I have a few more to make, I agree by the 25th spoke I really would rather be doing something else. I started to think it would be faster and cheaper to get a second job at McDonalds and pay to have them made for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

Hal, did you have anything backing the spokes when using the press?

Thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

John, yes I did because it took a fair amount of pressure to flatten them. I used a thick press plate under the spokes. I acquired a drill press and hydraulic press large enough to accommodate the entire wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Fantastic work!

hickory

jk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

God bless you Hal you truly are a wonderful artist.

N

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration