What is M?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is M?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Until I can get my new front wheels painted and on the car, I'm using some 30 x 3 square felloes. One of them is rather odd. Rather than the usual two-piece felloes divided at 180, this one has three pieces divided 60 apart. Two of the joint plates look like this.

But the third one looks like this.

The Ford joint plates are no surprise, but I don't believe I've seen this before. Anybody know what it means?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

Don't know if their related but M sure turns up a lot on Ford tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

Michigan Stamping??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Montreal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

Moore Drop Forging made a lot of tools. But usually a circle around the letter M. So, probably not them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Steve, your felloe is in three parts? Did you send me pictures of this wheel before? Looks like I've got another wood felloe to draw...whee! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Motor Wheel Corporation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Mart, no. I just noticed this today. I'll shoot some pictures for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

I find mathers stamped in between spring
leaves. They likely supplied other parts on contract as well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration