Early Low Head ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early Low Head ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Today I noticed that I have a low head which does not have the Ford script nor the made in USA on it. Is this a Canadian head or a early variation the US head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

Early Canadian, up to 1912 I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Jim, I have/have had several heads like the one you have pictured. One notable thing about them is that these heads generally have reliefs cast around the valve area. I would put in with the speculation that they are Canadian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

Is that a crack on the upper water jacket? That's a common place for freeze cracks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Tom, This ones combustion chamber is the same as other low heads that I have.

Ken. Yes it has a freeze crack. That is probably why I never paid much attention to it.
Is this rare enough to warrant fixing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Jim, do you have a picture of the combustion chamber that you could post?

Thanx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Tom, The top head with spark plugs is the head in question, the lower one is a low head with the Ford script and Made in USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Thanx Jim, both heads do appear to have the cast in valve reliefs. Some Ford script low heads don't.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration