Piston direction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Piston direction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

On my H/C pistons witch way do they install one side has oil slot and while I'm asking dumb questions I should know witch side is the wrist pin bolt is on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Slot away from the cam and wrist pin clamp bolt on the cam side is the standard practice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Thanks much I should known but dang it's been a long time since I had to redo a motor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

bob, tell me how she runs with the h/c pistons.

john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

"one side has oil slot"

The slot is for expansion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Ken correct yes John I let you know it was half the price of the head and then I still have to buy pistons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 01:42 am:

I'd be interested too Bob.
Some years ago the word was that HC pistons did not work well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration