Gooseneck spare tire carrier attaches under spring and the.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Gooseneck spare tire carrier attaches under spring and the.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:54 am:

I now have a gooseneck to attach to the rear of my car under the spring. It appears that the gooseneck also has 2 additional holes where I could put a rod through that would be parallel to the spring. What purpose do they serve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 08:49 am:

Mine had similar holes. I assumed someone had bolted a trailer hitch through them. I welded them closed, ground them smooth, and painted over them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Don't know of any owner use, but that pair of holes is in the later version of sedan/touring spare rim/wheel mounts.

'26 Price Parts book

Can only assume these pair of holes are some type of alignment purpose in mfg. Welding them closed would modify a stock Ford part.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration