Moore Auxiliary transmission lube advise needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Moore Auxiliary transmission lube advise needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 05:10 am:

I have a Moore Transmission on my 1914 roadster. The end of the driveshaft in front of the pinion gear has a standard roller bearing, then the transmission part with gears, than another roller bearing at the front of the transmission. There is a small access cover bolt on top of the rear bearing, a square access bolt on the side of the main transmission and an access cover bolt on the side of the front roller bearing. I have been putting 90# lube oil in the transmission itself, and trying to put grease in the roller bearing access points. The lube oil keeps leaking out, and I think I have been overfilling it. Is there anyone out there to help me with their recommendations on lubing the transmission?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration