Bucket list check off

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bucket list check off
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Drove My T through Death Valley.
dv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Dean what was the temp? how much water did you carry? I bet the little boy was leaking!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

I had 3 gallon + bottled water to drink.
t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Wow, that's cool. Er...hot. LOL. Gutsy, but neat. Is there cell service out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Yea thou I drive through the valley of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me and I have 3 gallons of extra water!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

But it's a dry heat! I bet your feet felt like they were on fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

Dean,

You are my hero and when I grow up I want to be just like you. Actually I am envious. I would love to jump into my Model T and just start traveling like you do. Please keep posting your travels it takes me places I will never get to go or see.

I don't know if you have relatives in Ohio but I saw a fellow the other day at the lumber yard that could be your twin...and after thinking about it I felt sorry for him!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

more checked off this year.
r
rg
cr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Gee, Dean, I've been to all those places and more. In a 1955 Chevrolet Station Wagon... When it was new... With my parents! By the way, no extra water... just the water in the funny canvas bag hanging off the hood ornament. No AC, no cell phones, no GPS, no radial tires, no seatbelts...It seem insane now.

Thank you for posting this wonderful piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Wonderful places not quite like Iowa though.

The OC and LB clubs along with the SD club have recently toured in Death Valley and we had a very fun time. It was great driving with very few cars and not many roads to get lost on.

One of our LB members is a Geologist so we made many stops to talk about all the different rocks and formations. Really made for an interesting tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:03 am:

Just a couple more.
Florissant Fossil Beds was not on my list I am glad I stopped.
f
Lassens Volcanic was cold 40 deg. l

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:56 am:

Dean, you were awfully close to Terry H., Wayne S. & me during your trip. Would have been neat to have met up for a bit.
Where's the "glow in the dark" fossil bed park?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:14 am:

Florissant Colorado

David,
I would have loved to make more stops. I had to cut my trip two weeks short the way it was.
Only good that came out of the two week Short. I made it to Hershey in Modern Iron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Dean,I'm glad you had a good trip,but i wish you could have made the OCF!! It was really a hoot talking with You and Rob in 2014 and trying to understand the first CDI !! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Will says, "But it's a dry heat".
Jonny Carson used to say, "it's a dry heat in my oven too, but it's still hot".

Fantastic trips Dean has taken.
I would sure like to do that, but not in the summer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration