Wheels for a 1917 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wheels for a 1917 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathon Boyer on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Hello,

I've decided to have my car restored over the winter and I'm ditching the demountables and going back to the stock wheel. Does anybody know where I can purchase new wheels?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:18 am:

The firm named in this thread has received many accolades:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/302665.html?1346801698

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:28 am:

I used johnsons wood wheels. He will build the wheel perfectly true and you can just send him your hubs minus the wood. Steve will true the hubs, clean and prime them and build a correct square felloe wheel. He sends the wheels in very sturdy crates for added protection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:44 am:

Stutzman does very nice work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 09:58 am:

sorry 1917 was still round felloe, opps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 10:14 am:

If you are a purist, make sure you have the correct front hubs for 1917 before spending the money to have a set of wheels built.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Johnsons did the rear wheels for my 14. beautiful
work and dead true. David is right, the box they came home in was stout plywood and the wheels did not rub or chafe in the box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Johnsons has done 2 sets of wheels for me. I have a 24 Coupe and a 21 Touring and the wheels look really nice.
As the others have stated you send him some good hubs and in my case steel felloes and he does the rest.
When they arrived I was amazed how well they were crated. The shipping box was built like a tank and very well made.
These folks know what they are doing and you wont disappointed if you use them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration