What is the thread for

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is the thread for
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Ok the plugs I have that fit Model A's and T overheads a 8-32 thread but the plugs for my T are close but not the same. I can't seem to find the correct tap and with out having a plug in hand I thought someone here migjt6know what it is. It is not 88'33-32 or 1/4-20 or 28

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Metric !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Model T plugs are 1/2 NPT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Model A plugs are 7/8. Are you asking about the threads at the connection to the plug wires for the terminal screw or the hole in the head? The hole in a stock Model T are 1/2 inch pipe thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

Terminal threads are either 8x32 or 1x.7mm depending on brand of plug. I get mine from restorationstuff.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

"What is the thread for"...It is for asking questions on the Model T Forum! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Terminal end. Making my own nuts and though there 36 threads to the inch and I found on a listing of taps an 8-36 I could not find one6i in any of my taps. I do have a 4-.7 mm and will check that out. To cheap to pay t bucks ea. for new brass repos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Also 8-32 is not the correct thread for Model T plugs. Model A yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

See if #8-36 UNF is available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

I checked MSC and it's not even listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

T's are 1/2" pipe thread.
I found that out 50 years ago cleaning out the plug holes for some new Blue Crown plugs.

My Pop had a Montgomery Ward pipe tap and die set we used on the farm and that was the one that worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

4mm x .7 is the correct thread for the top of the plug. I was able to re-thread some brass nuts that were tapped 8-32. 4mm is just a few thousands larger and just enough meat to go larger. The thread also is the same for motorcycle plugs I had around, maybe even a plug for a mower.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration