Is this a T jack?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is this a T jack?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I just bought this after looking at it a month ago at a garage sale for 10 bucks after kicking myself in the rear for not buying it. I looked at all the old threads I could find it looks right but it is so small i am not sure. I went back and asked the guy if he still had the jack after he spent a hour digging in his garage he found it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

It looks very close but it should have FORD cast in the handle with a part number 8390. The usual price for a FORD jack at swap meets is $20 - $25. If it is really dirty and you can't see the FORD then maby $10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Similar style, but quite sure it is not Ford. I've never seen a Ford jack with the handle hollowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:15 am:

Meant to say 'hollowed like that'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

You do have a Model T jack but it is up to debate whether or not it would be considered original equipment or aftermarket. As far as I know, nobody has really studied the screw jacks.

My unrestored 1917 roadster came with an Ashland jack. The 1917 Rip Van Winkle touring also has an identical Ashland jack. Both cars were assembled in in Minneapolis and have serial numbers one month apart.

Your jack looks like a Eureka.

Who knows when "Ford" and the part number were included with the factory equipped jacks.

In my opinion, Ford was probably using jacks from a number of different vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

thanks guys I guess I will keep looking! but this one will work till I get one

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration