What year is this Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What year is this Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Found this photo online in the Nova Scotia provincial archives. Dated 1910. Is the Thing a 10?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, October 23, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Great photo of a 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Tourabout as well !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:01 am:

What is the other car? A Buick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

US Fords were always equipped with a windshield beginning with model year 1910. Maybe Canadian production didn't make the windshields standard equipment until later?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Most Nova Scotia cars were right hand drive in 1910 as we drove on the left side of the road until 1923 when we changed the law to
'Keep to the Right' hand side of the road. Great photo - I wonder where they were...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Roger,

The open cars were still offered without windshield and to in 1910 model year. From the Ford Times October 1, 1910:

Gas lamps, top, windshield and speedometer now standard equipment on the Touring, Tourabout and Runabout. Closed cars still supplied less the gas lamps. "Unequipped" open cars available on special order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Oops, that should read:
Roger,

The open cars were still offered without windshield and top in 1910 model year. From the Ford Times October 1, 1909:

Gas lamps, top, windshield and speedometer now standard equipment on the Touring, Tourabout and Runabout. Closed cars still supplied less the gas lamps. "Unequipped" open cars available on special order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

John, they were in Keji park

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Thanks Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 02:22 am:

I was looking at a Canadian 1911 with no windshield or top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 05:08 am:

I keep looking back here hoping someone would have identified the other car. I am fairly certain it is not a Buick. Unless I miscounted, the front wheels appear to have fourteen spokes. That is somewhat unusual. Some Fuller models had fourteen spokes, as did the first Brush automobiles, although they went to twelve soon after. And that is NOT a Brush.
It appears to be a fairly small car, circa 1908/09. But I can't place it.

I am not sure the T is a tourabout. It looks like there may be an open door under the man's wrist?
I also am not sure which type running boards it has. But the front fenders seem to have the sharp forward bills. Royce?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 07:25 am:

Wayne, I count 12, and I think I have an inkling of what it may be. I think it is a Russell. Built in canada, popular in Nova Scotia around that time.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration