10 K year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 10 K year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Where have you driven your T 2015?
gps
This Is my GPS track log for 2015.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:54 am:

WOW Everyone should really be impressed!
Tell us more about how this was recorded when you get time.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. Next you must write a Book!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:12 am:

It ain't braggin' if you really done it. --Yogi Berra

I envy you Dean. I enjoy following your travels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:40 am:

Gene I use an old Garmin Map Source program and each day Download the track trying to remember to color code days different.
tr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:01 am:

It takes three maps to show it all.
co

a
ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Awesome! We are humbled. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 09:33 am:

:-)
I guess that no one will be impressed that I drove the length of the NH Seacoast in my T before I swapped the motor and two miles to the country store in Newfields since I changed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Fred. Only if you map it in color. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Dean,

Very impressive. How did your T perform and what type of repairs/maintenance did you perform along the way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:06 am:

Very impressive! Congrats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Richard, This Year I added gas,oil, water,adjusted the Rocky Mountain brakes twice,tightened some bolts on the trailer. I am running an E-timer so I do NOT have to mess with the Ignition. I figure the E-timer gave me an extra Day to travel.No timer Maintenance!
Also tightened the low band.
Better lucky than good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Dean, that's really impressive. I recommend him for a Model T Long Distance Driving Award, 'cause he certainly deserves it!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

Dave -I'll try but I don't think anyone will be impressed. :-)

The drive to and from the seacoast was longer than the drive along the seacoast.

The country store trip was a real confidence booster.
You will probably notice that there is a Dunkin donuts just beyond the country store and someday I will drive the T there.
I might even use the drive thru! :-)

The neighborhood drives are always thrilling -especially when I run out of gas or people follow me home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Keith is right. Dean deserves some kind of long distance medal or trophy or something. Or else we could all chip in and buy him a giant bag of Cheetos. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Sorry I missed showing you the Partridge Hill loop (red) that goes by a friends house and the Deertrees loop (blue)that goes by the really expensive homes! :-)

Dave I don't still don't think that these drives will impress anyone. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

Robert, If we didn't get Dean a giant bag of Cheetos, maybe we could chip in for a tank of gas!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Sounds good, Keith. I'm sure I could come up with 65 or 70 cents. :-) Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

If and when I am able to get the TT capable of long distance speeds, I would love
to push it out to faraway places. I find the T gives me a very "connected" sense to
those people and times I spend countless hours looking at pictures from. To take
an automobile from say ... Portland, Oregon to Spokane would have been a daunting
adventure in 1920. A trip made today in 5-6 hours would have taken many days and
crossed scenery that would have only been more awesome then, because of its remoteness
and road construction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historic_Columbia_River_Highway#/media/File:HCRH_k eystone_logo.png

Early auto travelers were hardy souls and it was often a LONG way between towns, rest
points, or help, if needed.

Fred, ... were the folks along Deer Trees Ln. bothered by you leaving the road like you
show on your map ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

The reward is in the driving,things you see,people you meet. Sharing your hobby with strangers from all over the world.
I the National parks a stop at a scenic over look can turn into a one car car show and watch out if there are tour buses there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

:-). I didn't stop long enough on Deertrees to find out if they didn't like my route marking method, but I do not park in my friends driveway on Partridge hill.

When I ran out of fuel on Hemlock I was offered gas from the lawnmower if the house I was in front of.
I thanked them and explained that my wife was on the way with a full can.
When I refilled the gas tank the float stuck and the T deposited about a half gallon of fuel on the ground before I saw the puddle.
The dark spot is still there and I wonder what they now think.
At least they didn't call the hazmat people for a fuel spill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

There is a new award for long distance driving I think being developed right now with the MTFCA.

Its named after the late long distance Model T driver, Ben Yumori.

I nominated Dean and Ed Archer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Fred

I think you need one of 3 things:

1. A new pair of glasses
2. A front end alignment
3. Driving lessons

Maybe that way you will be able to stay on the road. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

I was very proud of myself for driving to the Centennial (1,800-mile round trip) in the summer of '08, then to Vicksburg, MS for our club's Fall Tour (1,300 mi.) that same year. But a 3,000-mile year pales in comparison to what Dean does EVERY year! Maybe not 10K every year, but LOTS of miles. :-)

Keep it up, Buddy, you're the envy of all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Fred... If I remembered where you lived, could have met at Bob's Shack in Kittery, ME about 3 weeks ago.... we went up to see the foliage, but we were a bit early. Wife was upset she didn't see any moose ( go figure ???) LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Come to Spokane. She can see all the moose and wild turkeys she can handle. I had a bull
run out in front of me in the TT last week and then decide to run straight down the road for about
a half mile before cutting off into an open patch alongside the road. And this was inside the City
Limits !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Bob you were very close to us we frequent the outlets in Kittery.
We would have steered you to Pete's in Rye for the very best clams in the World but meeting with T people always makes things better.
It would have been fun to meet and maybe go for a ride on one of our tour routes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Dean,

What speeds to you average ? Are you ever on the Interstates, or do you keep to the two-laners ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

Berger.... Missed by two years.... closest we were to Spokane was Seattle, WA. Butttt, I did hit a deer on a full moon night two weeks before our wedding 37 years ago.... would that count ?? LOL

Fred, hate to admit but we were labsta'd out on that trip. ( modern metal ) did Kinnebunk & Kinnebunkport, Maine Diner, Portland, even saw the largest chocolate moose !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Burger,
This snip & photo show when in a hurry I do sometimes use Interstate.
snip
p

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

Dean, it looked like you were only home 4 times this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 12:04 am:

Dean, I was going by your 1st map. I see you were home a lot more on your 3rd map.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

The First map contains only my travels this year.
The other map contains all years tracks I have down loaded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Look at the top speed.....pulling a trailer. A few years ago we left New Brighton MN on a cold rainy Sunday morning. Dean was along and had driven his T up from eastern Iowa (he drove the K on the Antique Car Run, I drove our N). We were driving our F350 with car trailer on I-35, and came up behind Dean and his T. In the rain, side curtains up, with a trailer, he was cruising along at 55. Amazing.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

Wow! Can you imagine Dean driving in the rain, with side curtains on, pulling his camping trailer and doing it all at 55 mph!!!

It makes me wonder....Dean, have you ever considered doing the Montana 500? I think you'd be a natural.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Dean,

Am I mistaken, or did you miss Wisconsin? Now ya' got a go back!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration