1925 Coupe Top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1925 Coupe Top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

Greetings. I am about to put a top on my 1925 Coupe. Some say to put chicken wire or lath on the top across the bows. The tops for sedans had lath but I never saw a coupe with lath. Has anyone put a new top on one and put lath or chicken wire on it. I understand the reason, but apparently Ford didn't feel it necessary on the coupes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

I used chicken wire on mine and the top came out really nice on my 24 Coupe. No I don't think Ford used chicken wire originally when they built the cars.
I used a kit and it was recomended to use the optional chicken wire if you wanted to.

It does make a smooth roof and looks nice with the new top material.

Some will say (purists) not to use it because Ford didn't. Not original.
But there are a lot of mechanical improvements we use internally in the engine, transmission, and rearend.

I personally don't think it makes any difference. Its an improvement you cant see and doesn't change the appearance of the car.
Its your choice. And it is an improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Thanks John...I'll take your lead on that and use wire myself.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration