Need an idea of sell price - Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need an idea of sell price - Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

I realize determining a sell price will be hard to say without seeing the vehicle but... The car was restored in the 60's and has always been stored in a garage.
The body is a 23-25. The engine is a 26 and the car is titled as a 26. The top and interior is soft and in good shape. The body is all there but needs to be refinished. The car has been sitting for at least 20 years. Wheels are all good.

Any idea of a ballpark price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

Tyrone, Some additional information would be helpful. Such as: Does the engine turn over? Are the tires flat and / or have age cracks? Was the cooling system drained, or have anti-freeze in it? Or was water left in it and are there any cracks from freezing in the block or head? Does it have any accessories that would add to the value, such as a Ruckstell, or Rocky Mountain brakes, etc.?

Also it would be very helpful if you could post some pictures of it.

Thanks,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

All good questions Keith. I do not have the answers. The car is in a place that I could not get a totally good look. So lets say, it does not have any special accessories, the engine does turn. The wheels were all there and appeared to be in good condition. The two tires I saw were up.
I realize there is little to go by but that is the best I can do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Tyrone, It's good to know that the engine turns. You said the body would have to be refinished. It's hard to place a value on something like this, especially since we do not have any pictures. Perhaps a price range is more appropriate.

Based on this very limited information, I would venture a guess at between $2,500.00 to $6,000.00.
This is just a guess, but with this limited information and no pictures, that's my best guess.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

As is will make a difference in the price.
If you can get it running and driving like it is it could be around 6000.00. BUT that depends on the overall condition of the body.
The later 26 engine will bring a little more than the earlier engine and is more desirable for some people.

A running and driving car will always add to the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

The owner said he had been offered 3500.00, he turned it down and would take 3800.00

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/581184.html?1445615010

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration