HELP with 1923 Coupe rooftop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: HELP with 1923 Coupe rooftop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

I have a 1923 Coupe and a !924 Fordor and sometime (soon ) I need to install a roof on the Fordor. The vendors sell cobra fabric however I haven't seen very many different original roofs but my coupe is supposed to be original and the fabric has very little relief (nearly smooth). The roof is definitely not not cobra fabric . What is the correct fabric for the roof on my coupe???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

I may have to reword but I'll try again. I really don't like the Cobra grain

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 04:45 am:

I doubt this is original but the top of this one looks to be cobra its a 23 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 04:51 am:

You could try searching for marine grade vinyl for a smoother exterior fabric. I have no idea what was used originally...just trying to suggest some options.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Thanks Don. I'll check that out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 11:54 am:

i use black pebble grain truck bed cover.it is very strong .charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Thanks Charley. That sounds more to my liking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

Thanks Charley. That sounds more to my liking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

Hello John,
It has been a while since we have emailed. Hope you are well.

I have attached a couple of links where the top material has been discussed. They may be of some help to you in deciding what to do with your top. Dave Sosnoski has done a lot of research on the 24 - 25 Coupe's. You will find that he has some very good comments in both the links I have posted.

Best regards, John Page , Australia

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/29816.html?1180232371

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/162471.html?1286047221

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Thanks John. It's nice to hear from you. I hope you too are well. As I stated, it is soon time to replace the roof on my Fordor. The roof on the coupe is a very fine grain leather look and I believe It may be original. I am the third owner and I know the history so I thought I would do some research so that I can make the repairs to the Fordor look correct. The cobra fabric does not look correct to me. Cheers, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

Charlie,
Where do you get that bed cover material?

Thanks,
Aaron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

any good upholstery supply house will have it. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration