Upolstery Department Denver 1923-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Upolstery Department Denver 1923-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 01:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:38 am:

The touring car body in the foreground is still the five piece rear section design. It is set up for a two man top with the L shaped top iron supports.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Uh-oh someone moved that must have been a long exposure.:-) I count 4 or 5 hands on the guy in the lower left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:55 am:

He's two faced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:01 am:

Also note the finished body paint. Especially the window reflection on the cowls. This differs from earlier photos (c.1914) showing the body in primer or base color (dull) while being upholstered then finished on the paint line with upholstery installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:16 am:

When I zoom in I can see the straight 1915 - 1916 door latch on the front door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 11:56 am:

it also has the double tack strip,very early 15" .charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

The guy on the cell phone (lower center) makes me wonder...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

It is also not assembly-line layout. Is that a stack of sewn upholstery on the right? Seems like a strange way to place it for ready access.
So, this picture is more likely mis-identified and is 1915?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

John,

Proof positive that time travel is or soon will be possible. Either that or he is an extra terrestrial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 04:14 am:

Well who ever wrote on the card was mistaken then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 05:15 am:

This is why we have lengthy discussions about what was done when! So many notes, books, and other history is based upon faulty memory.
I have said it before, and I will say it again. We know a lot more today about how and when automobiles were built a hundred years ago than was known about the same era fifty or sixty years ago.
Thank you Herb for all the photos you post!
And thank you all for your contributions to our growing knowledge.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, w2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

"Assembly plant" and "assembly line" are two different things !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 02:55 am:

There is a photo in the California Archives labeled "Oroville 1850" but recent review of it has proven it to be a RARE photo of Bidwell Bar, one of only a handful known. It has taken some time to convince "experts" that it has been mis-labeled for decades.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration