What year is this T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What year is this T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 01:27 am:

This RHD T is being marketed here as a 1915? Engine number is C405549. photo is poor quality sorry. This doesn't look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 02:48 am:

No photo? The engine number is from May 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:07 am:

Heres the pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:14 am:

Later wishbone and the brake drums are bigger but that's all i can tell from the photos. Looks like a newer body with older fenders and hood added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:18 am:

That's odd.. Might be a 1923 Fordor with a brass radiator and brass era fenders. The visible chassis parts points to a 1922-25 chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:36 am:

Sorry, didn't look close enough, Kept is right, it has large rear drums and the front crossmember has 26/27 extensions / corner brackets so it's a 26/27 chassis - quite a mix and must have taken lots of work to get it to fit together..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:58 am:

here's a rear pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 04:03 am:

It is even a high radiator four door sedan body with a made-up firewall hood former.
It probably really is a '26/'27 made up to look like a '15. Close examination of front and rear ends and frame could narrow it down some. Clearly it is not a real '15, or even close.
I can't tell for sure from this photo. But it looks to me like it may even have the lowered '26/'27 front spindles.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:04 am:

It looks odd but cool at the same time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

"Ford announced a new four-door Sedan in late 1922" according to the "Encyclopedia". I agree with Wayne that this is the high cowl version of that body which could be correct with the 1923 engine. They did continue that same body into 1926 and '27. To me the front cross member looks '26 or '27. Also, the front of the front fenders look rounder than a normal fender and no horizontal bead on them. I see nothing that points to 1915 here.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Thanks Guys, its too far away to view at this stage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Kevin, 23-25 Fordor Sedan body, probably on mechanicals for same. Wooden dash and pre 1916 hood former added to allow fitment of early hood and brass radiator. Although its all wrong, I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

For sure it is a real mongrel but I kind of love it :-) :-)

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 04:32 am:

Sadly this car was being marketed in NZ a few weeks back as a genuine 1915 4-door, for sale at $95,000. One or two people tried to put the seller right but he simply told them that he knows and to check their facts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Then he is either clueless or a crook. I hope nobody gets taken in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:18 am:

That surely is not a 15 body. I think the earlier closed bodies had a oval shaped rear window?

W. Landry has it right about what it 'really' is.

Value? No more than 3500.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

No John it is not a '15 body - the oldest a 4-door can be is 1922.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration