Fall Tour 2015 - St. Louis Chapter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fall Tour 2015 - St. Louis Chapter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

Today was the annual Fall Tour of the Model T Ford Club of Greater St. Louis. It was basically a drive through the countryside in St. Louis and Jefferson counties. I didn't count, but think that there were about ten Ts from the club. (If Steven Thum sees this thread later, he can probably provide better detail.) I took my daughter, son-in-law and twin 9-year-old grandchildren, so we had a carful.

Early in the tour, there was a steep hill that caused some problems for several cars. The seven or so who made it up okay then stopped along the road to wait for the rest.

Me, my son-in-law and (in the car) my grandson. My cap is in the official Model T tartan, registered in Scotland in 2008 in honor of the Centennial (or perhaps I should say, "...in honour of the Centenary." :-) )

The temperature was in the fifties, so it was a little chilly while we were moving. The tour ended at an aircraft restoration museum, but we left and headed for home at that point because we had already planned to have my birthday dinner this evening. After the tour, the others had lunch at a local eatery. A good tour, and thanks to Steve Stevenson for organizing it...

(Message edited by dick_lodge__st_louis_mo on October 25, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Well happy birthday Mr Lodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Happy Birthday, Dick! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Happy Birthday Dick. Life is good when you can enjoy a model T tour with family all on your Birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Thank you all for the wishes. The dinner was today, the actual birthday is tomorrow, but the wishes are always welcome. I did have a great day with Elisabeth, Pete and the kids, followed by a dinner of lots of crab legs. The crab legs have become a birthday tradition for me.

Still not sure how I got to be this old... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Happy Birthday Dick!

I am glad you got to enjoy your T with family!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 04:43 am:

According to my clock? It is now tomorrow! So Happy Birthday!!!!
Glad to see you keeping busy with wonderful Family.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 02:29 am:

HAPPY HAPPY Dick !!! Many happy returns of the day. George Clipner in L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a relaxing day. The celebration had been the day before with the club's Fall Tour and the dinner that evening. As a side note, during my childhood years, the family celebration was always for my grandfather and me together. Yesterday was my birthday, and today he would have turned 135... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 05:15 am:

Dick, good to see you are still having fun with your T and family. It just doesn't get better than that. Happy Birthday! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Was just e-mailed a few more photos. (Note: These are Model T related... :-) )

Son-in-law Pete, daughter Elisabeth, me, grandtwins Sofia and Alex.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration