Just to let you know

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just to let you know
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

ken Rigaux The driver of the 1926 model T that was hit by the semi truck here in Manitoba passed away Sept 24th . Ken never recovered from the accident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

Very sad to hear that. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Colin,

So sorry to hear that.

Condolences to his family.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Our sympathy to Ken's family. I will keep him in my prayers.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

I too, am sorry to hear of Ken's passing. Has to be hard on the family. Yet another reality check of what can happen while we're out lolli-gagging in fast, impatient traffic. I try to check those mirrors every other minute for a fast approaching vehicle to my rear. In between that of course is when approaching an intersection of any type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Sad news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Colin,

Can you tell us the backstory on how the wreck occurred ? Follow up or
legal action/responsibility determinations ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 04:35 am:

It always saddens me to hear these things. But thank you for the update.
My condolences to all his friends and family.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Ken had attended an event in a small town west of Winnipeg Manitoba, on his way home on a 4 lane divided hwy a semi truck rear ended his 1926 Model t . In court the driver said he did not see the car. Ken was 70 years old and while in the hospital me had a stroke, and later past away. The matter is still in the courts hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

One lesson here is that there are parallel country roads that would have had him off the high speed highway and much less of a target. Obviously you can be a target just about anywhere, but the slower, less traveled roads improve your odds considerably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Thanks for the backstory, Colin. This really sucks that our always-in-a-hurry
world causes such peril for those who have every much the right to choose to
not go careening through life. Just last week a Hotrod Harry in his big lifted
"monster truck" had to let me know that my acceleration from a red light wasn't
up to his standards with a horn and finger and a giant cloud of black diesel
smoke, only to find a car pulling out of a side entrance and he made a terrible
mess of that "pretty truck" and probably will enjoy a lot of fallout via insurance
and stand-in rental vehicles. I had the pleasure of giving him a quick two-buzz
acknowledgement as I went around the wreck.
And then just this past Saturday, darn near the same thing happened, this time
involving a soccer mom and her turbo Volvo. She tagged the hind end of a roll-
away flatbed two truck ! Lucky she didn't get decapitated. Actually, probably
would have been better if she had finished the job, as she's probably cussing ME
for going the speed limit when she "needed" to be going 60 in a 30, taking no
ownership of her recklessness or the very real threat she poses to ANYONE who
might cross her path.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Burger,

Whenever this subject comes up your reaction is consistent & predictable.

While I share your frustration - to wish the death of someone on the road acting in an irresponsible manner is not the answer.

I deal with terrible drivers in every state every day.

It comes with operating a motor vehicle.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 10:08 am:

I have to agree with Burger. People like that are a blight on society and will not be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 10:36 am:

This thread started out as a solemn, respectful remembrance of a fellow T guy. Let's save the death wishes for some other time & place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Solemn remembrances do nothing to change bad behavior. Of course we all have a
thought of solemn remembrance when we hear of something like this. Isn't that pretty
much a given ? But to just say some pretty words and then move on with "Pass the
butter" seems a short shrift to the poor bugger that just got terminated on account of
YET ANOTHER person who technically is going to get away with the negligent killing
of an innocent. I got a problem with that. Were I to fire off my equally predictably lethal
weapon into a crowd, few would not be up in arms over my callous disregard for innocents.
Do it with a vehicle and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and says it just comes with
the territory.

Patronizing words of "My prayers are with .... " and "Oh, that's a shame" are just that.
Think deeper. Take action. Doing nothing will get you killed. Talk about predictable !
I saw enough mangled bodies and death in AFG. It chaps my hide that BLATANTLY negligent
asshats are given free reign to bring that #@! right to my doorstep back home, and it chaps
my hide just as much to listen to the Disneyland crowd make their sweet comments and
then sweep it under the rug until the next time. This fella deserves more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

I give up

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration