Hydraulic Rear Drum Brakes on this T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hydraulic Rear Drum Brakes on this T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Guys I noticed this during a Vintage car Rally in our town yesterday. The car owner said the maker of these has stopped making them due to legal reasons, were these a USA production?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Hi Kevin,

Not much to go on from the one picture, but that could be a Technicore kit made back in the '80s. I think that they were made in Massachusetts. My two cents worth, perhaps over valued. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Yes, made in USA. But as said, no longer available.

They work well, and very hard to detect on a T.

This award winning 1911 runs these brakes, as safety item, no judging points are deducted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

I know some were made using Nash metro brakes had a set up but sold it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 11:01 pm:

Thats what I liked about them, discrete.
Thanks Guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 01:49 am:

Quite a few of those were sold.
The company owner was scared he would get sued, so he quit making them.
I have known folks that bought them and liked them.
The Metropolitan brakes were strictly a find them and do yourself deal. They happened to be the right size. I have a set for the front I bought at a swap meet.
RD Ricks ran Metropolitan brakes on the front of his speedster that latter became the OLD BRASS PICKUP.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration