1926 Canadian Open Cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 Canadian Open Cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Is there any documentation as to when the open Canadian cars went to colors? Did they offer the same choices as the US? This would be in regards to their domestic production and not the exports.

I am wondering if they started painting cars in color earlier than mid-1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 05:51 am:

Never mind, I found Hap's answer on the 2010 forum. For some reason I missed it on an earlier search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Which 2010 thread did you find? I seem to miss it too when searching?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:26 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/281372.html

April 10, 2012 9:54 PM is Hap's posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Here is an old post that I have never found the answer to either.

I did find the name of the author and the book title, but that is as close as I came and those facts have since been lost.

By James A. Golden on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 06:50 am:

There was a rather extensive Canadian book published on their Fords about 1995. I met the author once in Hamilton, Ontario at the MTFCI Winter Meet, when John Eagle was president. I can not find a copy of the book or remember the title or the name of the author now, although someone gave me that information a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Tom -- have you become the owner of a Canadian 1926 by any chance?

James -- your posting has led me to several Canadian books ("Ford of Canada - 100 Years Together" by James C. Mays copy right copy right 2003; "In the Shadow of Detroit" by David Roberts copy right 2006 and available on line at: https://books.google.com/books?id=THOyZ5JwkEQC&pg=PR4&dq=ISBN+0-8143-3284-6&hl=e n&sa=X&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAGoVChMIo6DVqvHjyAIVgUcmCh3e2Q2X#v=onepage&q=ISBN%200-8143-3 284-6&f=false [it opens to the ISBN but that way Ford is not in yellow on every page]; "Ford 100 Years in Canada"; but all of those are well after a 1995 date. An earlier book that contains a lot of good data about Ford of Canada and other exported Ford is "American Business Abroad - Ford on Six Continents" but it was copy righted 1964 so 30 years earlier than James' time frame.

If anyone knows of a Ford of Canada book published around 1995 or so please let us know. For that matter published anytime. Several of us have been looking for a while now.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration