1913 windshield Braces

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1913 windshield Braces
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Furstnow on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

I am currently restoring a 1913 runabout and am missing the braces that go between the windshield hinge and the body. I understand that there are 3 different lengths for these braces depending on the brand of windshield. I have a Vangaurd windshield with the piano hinge between the top and bottom frames. Does anyone know the length of the brace I need?

Thanks
Russell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

Contact Larry Smith.....he will know the answers to your questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Russ, I measured those on a friend's Vanguard with the piano hinge before I actually found an entire '13 winshield, seems to be they were 16". Gimme a day or two and I'll go measure 'em again. Or I'll have him do it and post it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Furstnow on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 09:35 am:

Russs, my buddy Tom said they're 18". I'll PM in case u don't see this! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Furstnow on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Tim thank you so much. That will be a great help in my search and or making them. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Russ,

I have a 1913 T with the same windshield you have and my braces are also 18".

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Russ,

I just noticed you are restoring a runabout. My car is a touring. I assume they are the same.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Furstnow on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Thanks for checking, yes the runabout and touring a the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Russ
The two sets of 1913 braces I have are 17 3/4" long. One set is 9/16" O.D. tubing and the other set is 5/8" O.D. tubing. They are both original sets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Furstnow on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Leon
Thanks for the info. Are you interested in selling a set?
Russell

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration