More from Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More from Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

Saturday morning, October 10.

Jim Cook's 1916

Appropriate dress

"That's the way Dad did it..."

The work Olivia Memmelaar did on her roadster drew a lot of admirers.

Olivia and Model T Times editor Natalie Peiffer talking it over with a visitor.

Another 1915

The Lillies were as spiffy as their 1915 roadster.

1928 Marmon

1925 Rickenbacker

1909 EMF

This was the last shot before my camera's batteries died.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Thanks for the pics. I had to load up and leave Friday after the big storm wrecked my setup. I'd probably still be there if not for Steve Lang's help with the mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

R.V.

For next year will have to make up some T-shirts with I Survived 4:30pm 10/9/15 Hershey Storm

Storm a coming!

Aftermath....dead canopy...wet stuff....crowd scattered. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

The vintage-dressed couple with the 1906 Buick are Chris and Jenny Sorensen from Queensland, Australia. They took an AACA national first with that car, and then drove it on the Hershey Hangover. It's a brand new restoration and had "issues"; the tour was very hilly, and 1-cylinder Buicks don't do well on steep hills. (They do much better when they run on both cylinders.) By now the car is well on its way to being sorted out, and should run as spectacularly as it looks at next year's Hangover.

The white E-M-F had been my son's for 18 years until the prior Wednesday. He put it on the flea market field with a "for sale" sign on it, and Herb Singe, senior bought it instantly. Herb Senior was at his 52nd or 53rd consecutive Hershey - I think he started coming to Hershey before chocolate was invented.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

I'm with you, Dan, if you can get them made in big sizes.

The weights that held the canopy down did their job but didn't prevent it from moving sideways and knocking everything inside over, domino-style.

My brother Jon, who couldn't go this year but had been manning my spaces for the 7 years I wasn't allowed to go, felt badly afterward because he forgot to tell me how he handled Hershey storms: he moved his truck to the end of the canopy and used heavy duty ratchet straps to lash the whole works to the truck. Works well for high winds without rain, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Thank you Steve for your time and effort in providing pictures for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

I was about a block from my car when the storm hit. Even with an umbrella I got doused. It was fierce but fast. The street became a river in a few minutes, but it was all over in less than half an hour. This was my third time at Hershey, and every time there's been rain on Friday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

I really lucked out, I had pooped out early and was already back at the hotel when the storm hit. Sorry to hear about the damage done to some of the vendors and participants caught in the storm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

I took a few short (very amateur) videos of cars arriving at the show on Saturday morning, here are a couple of Model Ts arriving. Those brass era runabouts are like little jewels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFxT-M6YPgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY6jBz4d6Kk

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

The first video is of me. Thanks for taking it - I've never seen myself driving my own car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration