25 Coupe top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 25 Coupe top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

I am installing a new top on my 1925 coupe. I purchased a top kit from Mac's to do the job. The instructions are very poor and is geared more towards the insert on a Model A. My question is with the foam padding that is sent with the kit. Does it wrap around the corners and down the side or cut it around just the top and just wrap the black covering over the sides...hope this makes sense. Any photos out there of someone who did theirs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Robert, the tops I've done I cut the foam about 1" above the cut line. Now, I'm not saying this is how it is done, I'm saying that is how I did it. My thoughts are I didn't want the foam to be able to get wet and cause problems. I also sealed the tack line to keep any water from "wicking" (spelling may not be correct) up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Thanks Don. Your method makes complete sense...and you did spell it correctly.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

I prefer the Dacron used for quilting, it seems to keep its "liveliness' much longer than foam, and doesn't leave an "edge" to telegraph through the material.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration