OT - world serries

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - world serries
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Who is playing in the world series this year?

Somehow I missed the announcement :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

That would be the NY Mets and the KC Royals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

I watched the World Series in 1987 and 1991. That's the only time in my life it felt relevant. I last watched the Super Bowl in 1977. It was the Vikings 4th Super Bowl appearance and though I knew they didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning I went ahead and watched about 10 minutes of the game. I haven't wasted a minute of my time on them since. I don't expect to see any Minnesota teams win any sports championships for the rest of my life. I do however watch a few minutes worth of the Wild games from time to time. And, I've heard Minnesota has an NBA team but they're irrelevant as well. GO PACKERS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

I'll be glad when it's over. They always pre-empt the Big Bang Theory re-runs on TBS for this, and frankly, baseball belongs on ESPN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

Around here, a ticket to either game 1 or 2 costs as much as a new tire! :-0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 01:28 am:

Never take the world serious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:31 am:

Kind of a big deal around here. (N.W. MO.) So far the Royals are leading. Heck of a first game, went to 14 innings. I'm not a big baseball fan, but it's nice to see the local boys in the hunt! It's been a while since they won. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:40 am:

After seeing all the others, I thought this was another Mike Conte thread.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:22 am:

When I was younger, I was much more of a baseball fan than now. Interests change, and for now, I have a barn full of new interests! I'm just glad it appears that the W.S. is on FOX, so now TBS is back to airing my favorite Big Bang Theory re-runs. I find Penny a whole lot more pleasing to the eye than some ball scratching, chew spitting athlete.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration