Is this a model T disc wheel?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is this a model T disc wheel?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Is this a model T disc wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

Short answer, no. Model T's didn't come with disk wheels. Not Chevrolet ether. Could be from any number of low price cars. If it was marketed for after market replacement for Ford it would have come as a set with hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

I had a Jaeger hit-n-miss cement mixer with 4-bolt disc wheels like that - it was late 1920's vintage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

I think it's a Star wheel, but that is just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

My Dad's 31 Austin Bantam had similar wheels. Not sure about the tire size though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Not yet - but could be, if three more can be located :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Michelin made wheels with 4 studs. Steve Tomaso has some on one of his cars. The ones I have seen were all 30x3 1/2 and are clinchers, not split rim. I have know idea if they made any 21" or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:41 am:

The Disteel (sp) wheels for the T had only 3 lug bolts.
The Chevrolet Wheels were 6 lug.
I have some Star wheels, but they have none, they are riveted to the hubs. Could be a later Star, but I don't think it is either Star or Durant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:50 am:

1931 Austin Bantam, photo off the internet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

How to check the date on a tire.

http://www.howtohq.com/check-tire-age/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

Aaron, interesting. My Star experience is from another century, 1971 to be exact. For about 4 months I owned a '23 Star 4dr. Long story, but regret selling it (however, it probably was the only thing I could do at the time, fresh out of High School & no money!).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration