Old Photo - Brass Era - Now That's A Running Board Box!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - Now That's A Running Board Box!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:36 am:

I'd be concerned about listing heavily to port.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:46 am:

If your fender or windshield causes you to stumble, cast it off and throw it away. It's better to arrive listing and without unnecessary parts than to be thrown whole in the eternal scrap heap..

(sorry Matthew)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Amen, brother Roger!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

It doesn't look like its listing to me. Maybe there's another box on the other side. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

I think driving what's left of a T Model might be more fun than driving a T Model. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Can you imagine showing up at a car show with something like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

Fred,
I bet it would get more attention than any other car! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Yes Henry and Fred, they do get more attention. I have a 24 with "holy" fenders and lots of junk--including an authentic "two holer "-- and lots of other stuff hanging on on it. It has a real buggy seat and a barn wood rear platform---no "body" as such. I can take any combination of it and any other restored vehicle I own, and everyone will want a photo of my "junk truck",

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

Great picture, Jay. It is either a late 1911 or early 1912. It has the late 1911 type of fore-doors with the dip to fit the 1911 "two-piece" firewall, but this car has the 1912 "one piece" firewall.

Either way, it is clearly a transitional car.

Judging by the condition, it would not surprise me if the photo was taken near 1920.

Is there any marking of the back of the photo?

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Poor car looks like it's been beat to death! Takes a lickin, and keeps on tickin!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Probably held seed to toss by hand up and down the rows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Are those boxes removeable to put fruit in and ship?? Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin reminds me of when Curly made time fly!! We pulled a machine into the machine repair area at Chevy as far as we could so Curly had to go almost to the main aisle to get room to turn the cat to push.When Curly came back with the cat it was on high boil and with a slight hit he took a time clock off the wall and smashed it to scrap! Culry shut the cat off and the time clock while smashed would still make a loud click click click!! TJ MC Millian who silver soldered carbide on drills and cutters walked up took a look and said the mf must be a timex because it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!!Even with 15 guys and the boss watchin Curly never got in trouble cause everyone laughed so hard!! It's been 35 more or less years and Curly is still just as dumb!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Bud ... what exactly are you talking about ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

Burger,I'm not sure but Curly never did wise up! Bud/Curly.PS,I used to be a Millwright and moved a lot of machinery,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 12:22 am:

I'm trying to put your story into context of place and the nature of the work ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Burger,The old Timex comercial It takes a lickin and keep's on tickin. Timex used to be a cheap watch before the would be modern digital came along.Myself not being ready for modern i have a Amish cell phone and i carry a Hamilton 950b which will not keep as good tine as a 2 dollar digtal.Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration