Totally OT: A question for you Marines

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Totally OT: A question for you Marines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Scoring on the PFT is clear enough, but I've been unable to find any explanation of the three classifications. What do the classes mean? What are the consequences of being in a particular class?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

3rd class is minimum performance and your Evaluation would reflect and this may also adversely effect promotions, transfers etc. and may also require participation in a structured Physical Fitness program in other words if you are a 3rd class you will be monitored for improvement. Second class is marginal and may require monitoring 1st class you are doing what you are supposed to do and a top notch Marine. I was not a marine but being a sailor I had to administer the test for shipboard Marines. A 1st class Marine is who you want covering your back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

I tried to figure out the requirements for a 70 years old male and I think the following is fair.

Ab crunches - You pass if you can get out of bed without help!

Run - You pass if you can walk to the kitchen.
You get double points if don't have to stop in the bathroom.

Total points needed = 2

Since we are not allowed to differentiate between male and female they have the same requirements!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:34 am:

Getting a first class PFT goes towards getting a promotion faster than if you got third class. There were no consequences on getting a 3rd class when I was in the Marines 2000 to 2005. If you could not make third class you failed and had to do remedial physical fitness program.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:57 am:

I was a Marine from 75-82, we didn't worry about the minimum score, just tried for the Max. 3 miles in 18 minutes, 20 pullups and 80 situps in 2 minutes. Never did get the Max.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:51 am:

I bet some of the guys in the Over 46 category do worry about the minimum. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration