Power unit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Power unit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Got a neat one today American Ingenuity.
l
ll
lll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Dean - that is a great find!!! Got any background on it - what it was being used for?

Power units are like doodlebugs - each one unique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Anyone near Lancaster, PA looking for a power unit? This one is on Craigslist right now - I have no connection to the seller (and sadly, no time in the near future to drive 275 miles and grab this). Factory kit (looks like Montgomery Ward). Engine stuck, but overall a really nice looking machine.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd/5271247594.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Looks like a great deal, wish I had the extra time and money to get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:21 am:

Dean,Do you think that unit might have been off a Gleaner combine like Stan Howe has talked about before?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Ron,
I bought the unit over the phone for the simmons Head. It was in a large T estate purchase.
The power take of is made from a TT drive shaft shortening bracket. The governor is made with two generator face plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Neat settup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

The Simmons head is a rare piece, but power wise, its no Z head. I have one and I am taking it off and replacing with a Z. As far as my two cents is worth, the Simmons isn't much better than a Waukesha and they are a lot more plentiful.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration